In the standard and intensive general French courses, you will develop your speaking, listening, reading, writing and study skills in French. You will work on a wide range of cultural, historical, economic, sociological, artistic and literary topics to enhance your knowledge of the French language and culture and help you communicate effectively in real-life situations.
The General French courses are for participants whose goals are to:
- Be independent in everyday tasks and situations.
- Express and interact in conversations.
- Understand information read or heard.
- Write emails, letters, presentations, accounts, etc.
- Develop knowledge of French culture, history, sociology, literature, art, etc.
- Improve accuracy in idioms, vocabulary and grammar.
- Improve confidence to communicate fluently in French.
The Intensive General French course (27 lessons / 20 hours) includes the standard course 20 of General French (20 lessons) and extra lessons to allow you to personalize and intensify your course by taking an additional 5 hours per week to give you a deeper practical understanding of the French language and to lead you all the way to fluency.
The 5 hours of extra lessons are made up of 3 hours of understanding and speaking, 2 hours of reading, writing and conversation.
Methodology: Our lessons are based around a central task or several tasks to be completed in pairs or groups using and improving your French. Practicing such activities will make you spend a lot of time communicating and thus increase your confidence using the language. You will learn through doing.
“Tell me and I forget,
Teach me and I remember
Involve me and I learn.”
- Text books, grammar books, worksheets, literature, newspaper and magazine articles
- Audio, video documents
Monitoring and assessment: Participants’ progress is assessed throughout the course every week. After completing the course, participants will receive a course certificate. They can prepare for and take an official test (TCF) or exam (DELF, DALF).